Interesting Essay Topics On History: 25 Unique Ideas
Have you been searching for the perfect topic for your paper and you just haven’t found it yet? It can be tricky trying to decide on which one is best for you. It needs to be something you are really interested in, and you can find enough resources for. Take a look at the provided list of 25 topic ideas.
- Us-Canada relations over the past century: how have they evolved?
- Agriculture policy in the United States
- The Manitoba schools question
- Native Treaty rights in the 19th and 20th century
- Discuss the reasons behind the collapse of the former Soviet Union
- Can anything justify the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II?
- What consequences were realized as a result of the pact between Hitler and Stalin?
- Explain the different perspectives that have emerged after the Cuban missile crisis that occurred in the early 1960s.
- Investigate the interpretations and opinions of the Salem witch trials.
- Should personal moral issues be a reason to impeach a U.S. President?
- Were there other causes of the Civil War in addition to the issue of slavery?
- Discuss the Muslim conquest of India.
- What was Margaret Thatcher’s role in the world’s history?
- Discuss the history of AIDS and how it has spread to become a global epidemic.
- Investigate the ideology of communism and discuss the top reasons it failed in Russia
- How flexible are the gun control laws in the United States?
- A Terracotta Army was buried with Qin Shi Huang. Discuss the history behind it.
- China’s opium wars
- What was the average life expectancy in the middle ages for the peasant population?
- Original clocks made in 1660 had only an hour hand
- Doctors in ancient China only received a payment for their services if they were able to cure the patient
- Hindus invented the Arab numerals
- Sparta in 400 BC had a population of 25,000 citizens with over 500,000 slaves
- Can the Vietnam war be justified?
- To what extent has modern American culture been influenced by Puritanism?
As you can see this range of topic ideas is very diverse. Even if you don’t directly use one of the ones on the list, they may spur other ideas to come to your mind.